Saturday, 29 March 2008

Wet Weekend

The weekend is here at last, I don't even mind that the weather is so rubbish; even though it was only a four-day week at work it felt like a long one, lol. Last night I grabbed a couple of hours to do some making, but for the rest of the weekend I must be good, stay away from my beads and do lots of exam revision instead :( My other half has just bought a new Playstation3 (he's such a big kid) so he'll be indefinitely engrossed in motor racing and shoot-em ups, so at least he won't miss me too much if I've got my nose in my books!

So here are the things I've been made: I've had these labradorite pillow beads for a while, I got them as a free gift with one of my orders from Lima Beads in the US. Although it's pretty difficult to capture it on camera, they have lots of lovely aqua and blue flashes. I have been making lots and lots of bracelets lately, and as I had a longer strand of the labradorite I thought I should make a necklace with these. I've put them with onyx rounds, Karen Hill silver spacers and Swarovskis in Montana Blue - I really love this airforce blue colour.


The other piece I made yesterday was another bracelet, I've had this in progress for some time now, so thought it was time to finish it off. The large beads are Magic Agate, which I thought was a really unusual stone, with yellow, blue and white colouring, and holes that look like little geodes. I'd never heard of this stone before I bought these beads. I've mixed them with faceted citrine rondels, tiny blue goldstone beads which have a bit of sparkle to them, and my usual Swarovski crystals and Karen silver.


The last bracelet is another one I made some time ago, but I've only just got around to taking a picture of it today. It's a bit more delicate than my usual chunky beaded pieces. I've used two kinds of amethyst beads, Cape Amethyst faceted coins and some deeper purple rounds. The 'focal' bead is not very clear in this picture, but it's a Karen silver lentil with a floral pattern.



That's about all from me for now, I best get back to studying...

7 comments:

Catherine said...

Hi Ali - I've just seen your latest lovely work on Flickr. The beads are really unusual and your designs are lovely!!

Hope you manage to get loads of studying done! At least the weather's rubbish so you're not missing out on anything there!

Crafted Gems said...

oh those are lovely, i love the last bracelet

I hope you manage to get your studing done too and your husband sounds as bad as mine, lol

Alison said...

Lovely pieces, Ali. Think the labrodorite is my fave out of this bunch.

Good luck with the studying.

Izzy said...

They are all gorgeous - but I'm fascinated by the magic agate!

Nia said...

they are lovely Ali, that magic agate looks interesting!

Gemheaven said...

Beautiful as always Ali :)

Jewellery Craft said...

I love the magic Agate, lovely! Designs are beautiful!

Rubbish weather is good beading weather I reckon!!!

xxxx