Saturday, 26 April 2008

Freedom!




At last I feel like my time is once again my own, the exam that I've been spending all my time studying for for the last month was on Thursday, and I think it went OK. I've got a couple of months to wait until I find out how I did, I feel like I'm 17 again waiting for my A-level results - I've even been dreaming about the management models I've been studying - I can't wait for my brain to shift down a gear!

For the most part I've been very good and haven't picked up my beads for the last couple of weeks, except for taking a little bit of time out last weekend to make this bracelet. I had four of these lovely Amazonite with Black Tourmaline beads left, and when I saw these freshwater pearls online I thought they would be the perfect accompaniment.

I can't wait to get back to some serious beading again, I took advantage of the fact that it was Payday yesterday (Caroline knows us so well...) and bought a couple of new sets of lampwork beads too. My beads from Caroline (faux boro - really lovely ;) arrived today - I'm really impressed with the turnaround time and the Royal Mail. I have a second set coming from Izzy next week too, my first from her in a while so I'm excited. Of course I still have a stash of little sets that I haven't done anything with just yet, although I have ideas... I'm waiting for some new wire and crimps to come, and then I can really get going.

Just today I've registered with Etsy and set up a shop. I haven't put anything in it yet, but I think this bracelet may be the first item. It seems like Etsy is a good opportunity to reach a wider audience so I've taken the lead of some of you guys who are there already. Wish me luck! Hopefully I'll be back soon with more...

8 comments:

Jewellery Craft said...

So, you can put your feet up and relax now hey, does that mean we get to see a whole lot more of your fab jewellery?

This is a gorgeous bracelet1

xxx

Jewellery Craft said...

jcPS............. Good luck with the Etsy, its good news!! Set my Etsy months ago but lazy moo that I am have done nothing with it!!!!!!!!!!

Crafted Gems said...

Was it people's payday on friday, i hadn't realised, lol lol lol

and i'm so glad you like them ;-)

Nia said...

Lovely bracelet Ali, such an unusual stone. Good luck with Etsy!

Catherine said...

Really nice to see you on Etsy Ali! Hope it's really successful for you!!

What a relief your exams are over and now you can get down to some more beading. I can't wait to see what you come up with!! :o)

Gemheaven said...

Why can I not see the pic :'( is it the one on Flickr

Good luck on Etsy of course you are hearted ♥

Jo
xx

Ali P said...

Hi everyone,
Thanks for your lovely comments, I hope to get on with some more jewellery this weekend, so should have some more pics soon.
Not sure what happened to the photo - I've uploaded it again - it is the same as the latest bracelet I have on Flickr.
Thanks for the heart on Etsy, Jo. I need to get the link properly sorted out this weekend too...

Maz Simpson said...

I love this bracelet! I have some beads like this too, in rectangles and squares - I never realised there was black tourmaline in them. I learned something new today!
Maz :)