It's been a while since I last posted, but I still haven't had that much bead time. I'm hoping that will change soon, as I have booked some time off work at the end of the month and not really made any plans except beading (and probably 'spring'(!?) cleaning. So instead of lots of jewellery pics I have some other images to post instead. Firstly my version of the 'Flickr Questions' mosaic as seen on Brandi's blog.
1. Summer in Australia, 2. Monte Cristo., 3. Project: Hertfordshire - St. Albans, 4. lavendar skies, 5. Johnny Depp, 6. Hot Chocolate, 7. Zig zag your way to paradise !, 8. birthday cupcakes, 9. Elephant in Temple, 10. Family Portrait, 11. Thoughtful, 12. Rainbow Sunset
The idea is to use the answers to the following twelve questions for flickr searches, pick one picture from the first page of results for each search and use them to create a mosaic using the fd's Flickr Toys - Big Huge Labs tool.
The 12 questions (and my answers) are:
1. What is your first name? (Alison)
2. What is your favorite food? (Monte Cristo Sandwich)
3. What high school did you go to? (Ancaster House)
4. What is your favorite color? (Violet)
5. Who is your celebrity crush? (Johnny Depp)
6. Favorite drink? (Hot Chocolate)
7. Dream vacation? (Thailand)
8. Favorite dessert? (Meringue)
9. What you want to be when you grow up? (in charge!)
10. What do you love most in life? (Family)
11. One Word to describe you. (Thoughtful)
12. Your flickr name (All About the Beads)
Some of the pictures were quite unexpected, but I like the results. The 'thoughtful' picture looks a lot like my littlest cat too, which I thought was cool.
The only jewellery piece I have actually finished in the last couple of weeks is this charm bracelet, which is a commission piece for my other half's auntie's 50th birthday. I hope she likes it, we'll find out tonight as we've been invited to the do. I'm quite pleased with how it's turned out, I haven't made bracelets like this for some time, but when I started making jewellery again last year I made a whole series of charm bracelets with silver plated chains and a variety of glass beads. My original bracelets tended to have one or two multi-bead charms per link, but for this piece I was asked to make something smaller and more dainty. I really love the way Jo (of Gemheaven) packs her charm bracelets so densely with lots of little beads, so the inspiration for this one has come in part from her work.
I've used fossil coral, bronzite, Picasso jasper, tiger's eye, freshwater pearls, Swarovski crystals and a few Karen Silver leaf print beads, and I made my own headpins too. I think I might make some more of these bracelets with different combinations of stones...
And finally I decided recently that I needed some cards, so I used a website, GoodPrint, to design my own and had them printed. They match the blue boxes I also got recently too (I feel almost professional!)
Hopefully next time I post I'll have some more jewellery to show you (I have a couple of projects in progress so you never know!)