Sunday, 2 November 2008

Lots of Earrings

I've got a stall at a Christmas Fair in a couple of weeks' time, so I've been trying to make as many new pieces of jewellery as possible over the last few weekends (I try, but just don't get much chance during the week to create). I have quite a few bracelets and necklaces that are on the more expensive side, but I also wanted to have a few things that were not so pricey - so I've been making earrings like crazy. I've done some simple wrapped briolettes as well as some more elaborate cluster designs.


The dish in a couple of my pictures is my newest attempt at adding some interest to my photos - I went on a day trip to Bath with my friend a couple of weeks ago, and although I was not extravagant with my shopping, this was one of my finds. I also got a bag I just couldn't resist and the teal wheel beads I've used in the top photo.







I'm hoping to have another go at some oxidising with some of these earrings, so far I've only used my liver of sulphur once, on a bracelet I made myself, but I'm thinking these beryl and iolite earrings are prime candidates... all I need now is some dry weather so I can get out in the garden to do it, rather than stink out the house with the smell of rotten eggs!





I've been experimenting with making earwires recently too, they don't always come out quite right but I'm quite please with the ones that have made it onto jewellery so far ;) Just as with earrings themselves, I'm finding the hardest thing is to make both sides look the same and hang the same length...
And finally, I just wanted to say how much fun the game of tag has been, very enlightening and and definitely a good way to get to know my online friends a little better. I hope you all have a good week ;)




7 comments:

Brandi said...

I LOVE Bath!! I got to go there on my London trip, and it was just gorgeous. I wanted to move, right there and then. If it's possible to be smitten with a city, that's me with Bath.

And, Ali, oh my gosh, your earrings are just stunning!!!

Wildberry said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely and your earwires look fab too! I'm also loving your wire wrapping (my attempts at this have been pretty feeble!)

Gemheaven said...

I agree with Brandi I love Bath too ~ sigh I went last year for a long weekend :)
Gorgeous earrings too :))

ChatElaine said...

I love all the earrings and the wires are excellent. Gorgeous.

manamoon said...

Wow you've been busy! My favorites are the top ones, just gorgeous! Such attention to detail!

Maryanne said...

ooohhh look at all the pretties!!! They're all gorgeous Ali.

manamoon said...

Hi Ali, your work and your writing always inspire me. For this reason I've left you an award on my blog so when you have a moment to visit that would be wonderful, thanks♥