Thursday, 25 December 2008

Happy Christmas


Last night my choir was singing at the Midnight service, which is always magical, and helps me to keep Christmas in perspective. Today we had our Christmas dinner dinner over at my in-laws, they are so lovely and dinner was very relaxed. So often this time of year brings stress and frayed tempers as families try too hard to have a good time. We've purposely kept everything very low-key this year, which has been great as it means there's nothing to get stressed about, lol. I'm now back at home with my Christmas tree lights twinkling, chilling out in front of the BBC's Christmas day programming ~ looking forward to the new Wallace & Gromit and the dramas in Eastenders ;) I love Christmas Day as for me it is absolutely not a day to be doing anything other than enjoying family and food and certainly not a time for doing any work!

I'm lucky enough to have a couple of weeks off work, so and will be catching up with all the jobs I've been meaning to do at home. I'm doing some reorganisation of the upstairs in my house to give my other half's son a bit more room when he comes to stay, so we are moving his bed and toys into the larger of our two spare rooms, and the box room will be my jewellery-making space. It needs decorating, so last week I bought laminate floor and paint and yesterday I started work... Watch this space!

Wishing you all a very happy & peaceful holiday, wherever you are and however you are celebrating ;)

5 comments:

ChatElaine said...

Sounds like a very peaceful time, as mine was and it was lovely. Heres hoping for a Happy and Prosperous New Year for 2009. Elaine x

manamoon said...

What a wonderful holiday you enjoyed and a great plan to make if less stressful! I was delighted to hear there's a new Wallace & Gromit coming out, unfortunately it takes months for them to hit the States but I just love them! Best of luck on the project too!

BeadyPool said...

Hope you had a fab Christmas and that your new beading "studio" is coming along well. Happy New Year Vx

Maryanne said...

Hope you had a wonderful xmas and that 2009 is happy and prosperous. oxox Maryanne

Catherine said...

Your Christmas sounded perfect! I agree with keeping it as relaxed and as low key as possible.

How did the decorating go? I'd love to see some pics of all your hard work when you have time.