Saturday, 21 March 2009

New Jewellery & Awards


Hi everyone, it's a beautiful day here and I've got some time at last to catch up with things non-work ;)

I finished off a couple of new pieces last weekend ~ their titles are both names of songs by Tori Amos ~ can you tell what I was listening to on my iPod? Icicle, Icicle is a rock crystal focal with cluster of icy blue and silver gems and pearls and Yes, Anastasia is a necklace with a soft pink smooth rose quartz briolette on a chain of rose quartz and rustic crackle aquamarine rounds and some really cool shapped black blister pearls. I oxidised this one too. The third picture is still a work in progress. The bracelet has already gone back with my sister for sale in her Orlando hair salon, and I'm working on the earrings this weekend. I love the red fossil coral with the creamy pearls ;)


And despite being such a bad blogger I have been given two awards so now I must pass on the love ;)

Firstly thanks so much to Elaine of ChatElaine Jewellery, a fellow bead fanatic, who has passed on the 'Let's be Friends' award, and this is what it's all about:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

And so to pass this on to 8 other bloggers who (among others) have become my online friends over the last year or so since I've been blogging:

Brandi - Brandi-Girl
Caroline - Crafted Gems
Deb - Crysallis Creations
Janine - Cherished Trinkets
Jo - Gemheaven
Mandie - Jewellery Craft
Catherine - La Perle
Veryan - Beady Pool

Thanks ladies you all keep me smiling ;)

And last but not least I have another award, which I really should have blogged about long before now, received from Brandi
apparently for just being lovely ;) which I'm really very touched by.
And the rules for this award are...

1. Please put the logo on your blog.
2. Place a link to the person from whom you received the award.
3. Nominate at least 7 or more blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on your blog.
5. Leave a message on their blogs to tell them.

So the 7 people I've chosen for this one are (no apologies if some of you have received this one already, but no obligation to pass it on ;)...

Sharon - Mana Moon Studios
Tina - So What's New Today?
Laura - Beads by Laura
Clare - Beads by Clare Scott
Izzy - Adventures in Glass
Elaine - ChatElaine Jewellery
Vicky - Swiss Side Jewellery

Well that's probably more than enough from me for one day, hope you are all having a great weekend ;)

7 comments:

Janine- Cherished Trinkets said...

Lovely Jewels as normal!

I've nominated you for a kreativ blogger award. Details on my blog.

ChatElaine said...

You are welcome Ali and thank you in return for my award. I love your new jewellery especially the middle one thats gorrrrgeeeeousss!!!

Janine- Cherished Trinkets said...

Thanks for my award Ali! I missed it first time round :o)

Swiss Side Jewellery etc said...

Hi Ali,
Thanks for my award and I have now passed on the Lemonade Award to you ! Love the jewellery BTW
Vicky

Catherine said...

Wow Ali, your new jewellery is so beautiful!!! I love how you've photographed them too - so appealing!! You go girl!!!

Thank you too for the lovely award. I'm so touched (not in the head, although some may beg to differ!).

singamaraja said...

Sinamaraja reading your blogs

sandyxxx said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thanks for it. I like such topics

and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read more soon.
---------------------------
silver jewelry manufacturers