Wednesday, 20 May 2009

Wire Wrapping

I've been trying a bit more wire-wrapping lately, and these earrings were the catalyst for several other pairs I've made since. This is a design by one of my Plurk buddies, Lotta of Silverknuten who asked for volunteers to try out her tutorial. I jumped at the chance and here is the end result. I'm really pleased with how they turned out so now I need to scribble some designs of my own and get going. It should be interesting, seeing as I don't ususally work from a drawn design but just go with the flow. I think for this sort of design, though I need to work out where it's going before I start wrapping!
If you fancy having a go at these yourself, Lotta has the tutorial up for sale on her Etsy store here, but if wire-wrapping isn't your thing, she has the finished article in her shop too ;)

3 comments:

Lotta @ Silverknuten said...

I'm so happy you decided to try your hand at wire wrapping with my tutorial, Ali, and the result is lovely! Very well done! Thank you for being a test driver, and thank you for writing such kind words about it!

Christina J. said...

I really like how they turned out. That looks like something I'd like to try. I like wire wrapping, but haven't done any earrings.

Creative Treasures by Donna said...

Beautiful earrings! Great wire wrapping you got ther!