Sunday, 21 June 2009


So it's been a while... and I've been busy as usual. I'm moving to a new day job in 3 weeks time and so desperately trying to wrap everything up where I am at the moment. But I've still had time for jewellery and last weekend was the Leammington Peace Festival, where I had a stall along with the gals from an arts collective: Sent 2 Coventry, who I have started to do craft fairs & events with. Julia makes the most amazing jewellery from buttons, Beth recycles all sorts of things to make jewellery and accessories, Janice and Emma G are artists and Emma O is a soft sculptor and sells (among other things) amazing monsters made of fluffy fabric (the hats are courtesy of Emma ;).


The weather was fantastic and the atmosphere was brilliant,
and people were buying my jewellery, which was the icing on the cake for me ;)

I
think it's quite a challenge to get a stall looking enticing enough for people to come and buy, and each time I do a show I try to put into practice ideas or lessons learned from the last one. I've got a few new jewellery display bits and bobs, (bracelet bars and necklace busts), I just need to get my earring display right next time!


I sold a few lampwork and silver pieces (including my favourite 'Rainbow Sunset' bracelet) but I also I did really well with silver plated charm bracelets, which I can price a bit cheaper than the sterling silver jewellery. I don't have these for sale in my webshops, but I do take them out when I do shows. I have another event next Saturday, so I'm madly making more of them this week as my stock was seriously depleted last weekend - not that I'm complaining! Of course I've nearly spent all my takings on new beads already... so now I'm stalking my postman waiting for my new sparklies to arrive ;)

No comments: