Thursday, 22 July 2010

Summer Update & Summer School

Eastern Promise

I haven't had as much time as I'd have liked for making stuff in the last couple of months, especially as I've been focusing on sorting out a new day job, which is now in hand... so time to get back on track. I've had a few shows recently, and although the summer festival season started pretty slowly, the last couple of events ~ the lovely Leamington Peace Festival and the Godiva Festival in Coventry ~ have been great: good weather, lots of face painting, a fun weekend with the Sent-2-Coventry girls and pretty respectable sales too
.


Yemanja

These are some of the pieces I have managed to make recently: a pair of earrings with some of those gorgeous violet chalcedony brios, and pearl and labradorite nugget necklace and a lampwork, gemstone and silver necklace with some gorgeous electric blue beads by the fabulous Clare Scott.

Electric

And now that non-jewellery things are settling down a bit I decided to take some time to do a bit of summer studying ~ just in case there was a danger I might get bored, you understand ;)
I am really excited to be taking an e-class next month 'How to be a Color Rockstar' which has been designed by my friend Brandi (of Catie's Blue). I love to work with colour already, and I like to think I have a pretty reasonable grasp of it, but there's always lots more to learn, and the class is all about putting learning into practice as we go along... I can't wait. Registration is still open if you fancy it, and from what I have heard already, I reckon it's going to be a great class.
And if that's not enough, I've also decided I want to learn a whole lot more about the beautiful gemstones I use in my jewellery (and those I wish I had the money and skills to use) and have completely fallen in love with... I've got some books already and I'm looking at courses at the Gemmological Association too ~ who knows? Perhaps for my next career move international dealer & connoisseur of fine gemstones could be on the cards ~ Stranger things have happened!

No comments: